martes, 1 de mayo de 2018

WHY STUDYING GEOMETRY IS THAT IMPORTANT?

I think that it doesn't make sense to write about geometry if I have never talked before about the importance of its study. Therefore, in the following lines, I give my opinion on why it is important.

From my point of view, the necessity of geometry teaching at school is for a simple reason: the role that geometry has in the daily life. A basic geometric knowledge is fundamental for all the people. We need to orient in the cities to move from one side to another, do estimates about the distance we have to travel… For these aims it is necessary a basic notions on geometry.

In addition, the geometry is present in several areas of our life. Some of these areas are religion, art, architecture, topography, distribution of the cities… In the following posts I will deepen more about some of these areas.

If we delimit the space to that in which a child grows there are lots of geometric elements: windows, tables, chairs, doors, shelf… That is to say, at home, at school, there are different geometric elements with which a child keeps a relationship.

For all of these reasons, I believe in the significance of geometry in the teaching-learning process.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario